Tuesday, December 2, 2008

What I Learned in EDM 310

EDM 310 has been a very educational class. I have really enjoyed taking this class under the instruction of Dr. Strange and will recommend this class to other students. I have learned how to use the computer as an educational tool and how to incorporate using the computer in my classroom.

I discovered, through EDM 310, how to use blogs in the classroom. Blogging is a good way for the teacher and the students to stay in touch with each other. iTunes is another good tool to use in reinforcing information on certain subjects. The amount of podcasts is phenomenal. Google is also a very useful tool that I was introduced to. Google can be used to do many different things. Teachers and students can make igoogle pages with gmail, google talk and numerous google gadgets. Google documents can be used to type papers, make presentations and store information that is readily available from any computer.

EDM 310 showed me a lot of ways to make use of technology in my classroom. I was unaware of blogging, podcasts and igoogle before taking this class. Dr. Strange also helped with foliotek, which is required for certain classes. Foliotek is not easy to understand by teachers and students and Dr. Strange explained using it very well.

No comments: