Sunday, November 9, 2008

Mathematics with Technology

According to Mrs. Judy Chandler's podcast, Mathematics with Technology, many teachers feel that technology is not needed in Math classes, but actually, technology can enhance learning Mathematics. She offers several websites that would be valuable tools for learning Math. Some teachers are concerned that they do not have enough time to integrate technology in their daily lessons, but Mrs. Chandler has found that many Math activities might cover 4-5 text book lessons.

Podcasts, such as this, can be very helpful to me, as a teacher. I can search for podcasts related to the subjects that I am teaching. Podcasts can keep me informed about various teaching tools. Many podcasts discuss where to find reinforcement activities on subjects. I can also research projects to enhance learning.

No comments: