Monday, September 15, 2008

Customer Service

I enjoyed reading the blog "Customer Service" in the May postings by Karl Fisch. He explains how customer service has disappointed the consumers because everyone is "busy". I believe, from my own experience, that customer service is not priority in most businesses these days. Making money while keeping costs down is the first priority, so when expenses must be cut, customer service gets the knife. I get very aggravated when I call a company and I get sent from one computerized representative to another because everyone is too busy.

I like the way he relates customer service with the classroom. I also see how many customers are dissatisfied with the service they receive. The students and parents are the customers and many teachers are "too busy" to give them quality service. Some teachers seem to do everything they can to push the customers away. For example, a student turned in his English homework assignment, and because the paper was torn out of a notebook, the teacher gave the student a zero. I also understand that some parents/students are very hard to deal with. Teachers have a hard time communicating with unconcerned parents and lazy students.

No comments: